[Freedombox-discuss] FOAF developers taking FreedomBox into their equation

Clint Adams clint at debian.org
Wed Mar 9 22:29:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 09:09:25PM +0100, Henry Story wrote:
>   I am also currently chairing the WebID incubator group at the W3C, so if you have WebID questions don't hesitate to ping me, or join the W3C mailing list and ping there.

I hope that in the long run we are going to want to rid ourselves of
any dependence on centralized DNS and SSL certificate authorities.
Is WebID going to have any features to facilitate this or are we going
to need to have a separate CA certificate for each client or server
certificate, and a bunch of out-of-band validation hacks to ensure
that these SSL certificates and FOAF profiles are actually owned
and controlled by the people we expect them to be?