[Freedombox-discuss] FOAF developers taking FreedomBox into their equation

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Thu Mar 10 15:04:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 03:21:04PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 01:27:17PM +0100,
> bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote:
> >
> >So why in your previous mail are you saying we can?
>
> Sorry.  I meant to say that I _believe_ we can.
>
> I live in a dream of FOAF being super relevant for FreedomBox.  What
> I meant to say with my final remark was that if you aim sharp and
> clever challenging questions at me, then you are shooting at a
> messenger: You may kill my dreams and thereby my preaching of this
> technology at this mailinglist, but if your intent is to verify
> solidity of the actual technology (not my dreams of it) then aim at
> the source - at those actually knowing what they are putting
> together.
>
> I encourage those interested in the details of WebID to engage at
> the foaf-protocols mailinglist, and that we here on this list
> discuss if and how it may be relevant to integrate WebID with other
> facets of FreedomBox - only summarizing on those aspects discussed
> in-depth at that more appropriate list.

Sorry too, then. I assumed that you had reasons to have this dream
because you trusted this technology based on solid ideas of it, and then
that being on this mailing-list and disussing if/how it may be relevant to
freedombox, you might enlighten me end the others. My question weren't
intended to kill anyone or his/her dreams, just to participate to this
discussion/decision.

bert.