[Freedombox-discuss] Russ Nelson: Admin-free Chumby; inet scripts; supply chains

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Fri Mar 11 23:52:40 UTC 2011

I have a Chumby.  It has a screen, which this box certainly does not
need and which accounts for a lot of its cost.  That's why it's
underspecced for the money.

Its admin model is great if all you care about is end user convenience,
but it's not very robust.  The thing becomes a brick if it can't call
home.  We should implement remote admin with little end-user
intervention.  We should do that, though, without reliance on a central,
attackable administrator.