[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Front End

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Mar 11 19:37:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:24:16PM -0500, ian at churchkey.org wrote:
>On 03/11/2011 02:14 AM, Tobias Nissen wrote:
>> Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>>
>>> Pandoc?
>>>
>>> What are you doing?
>>
>> That's for markdown2pdf I guess, the textfiles are in markdown
>> format.
>
>Pandoc also handles converting the markdown files to both html and man
>page format.

So for being so very brief initially.

Yes, I know what Pandoc does: I help maintain that package together with
the upstream author, and I use if myself e.g. for slides.

I was just curious about the usefulness of Pandoc for a web frontend.
It was clarified to me on IRC - and now here at the list too :-)