[Freedombox-discuss] This week: BattleMeshV4! who will come?

k. kloschi at subsignal.org
Mon Mar 14 12:48:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just wanted to quickly announce the BattleMeshv4 event in Spain next
week. [1]
Battle of the Mesh is:

"The Wireless Battle of the Mesh is an event that aims at bringing
together people from across Europe to test the performance of different
routing protocols for ad-hoc networks, like Babel, B.A.T.M.A.N., BMX,
OLSR, and Static Routing.

It is a tournament with a social character. If you are a mesh networking
enthusiast, community networking activist, or have an interest in mesh
networks you might want to check this out !

The goal of the WirelessBattleMesh events is to set-up hands-on testbed
for each available mesh routing protocol with a standard test procedure
for the different mesh networks. During the different WBM events,
similar hardware and software configuration will be used based on the
OpenWRT BoardSupportPackage and packages for each protocol
implementation. The WBM events are also a great opportunity to develop
testing tools for PHY/MAC radio layers (drivers, scripts and PHY
analyzers) ."

As there will be alot of mesh networking gurus and enthusiasts I would
like to strongly engage anyone in that issue within the freedombox
project to attend that event. I know it is very short notice, but maybe
one or the other can still make it there! Most people will join in
Wed-Sun I think.

Hope to meet someone there!

Maybe I will give an introduction to the freedombox project to the mesh
people there as LightningTalks are having a reserved slot.

Who will come too?

grtz.
kloschi

[1] http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV4