[Freedombox-discuss] telephony

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Mar 15 17:40:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:32:53PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:12:28PM +0100, bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
>wrote:
>>On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:59:25AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>>eye >on it:

>>>Yes.  The actual note is here: http://lwn.net/Articles/433320/
>>>
>>>(please include reference - especially with nice one like LWN that
>>>really could use some more advertisement :-) )
>>
>>Sure, but the lwn article wasn't that relevant (10 lines).
>
>...a link to 10 lines (plus discussion and a link to the actual source)
>is better than posting without reference.
>
>  Use the source, Luke!
>

>>>Also, Jay posted about this yesterday.
>>
>>Ah, sorry, this list has sometimes too much traffic to be able to read
>>everything.
>
>...so you created some more traffic instead of slowing down ;-)

I want to clarify a misunderstanding:

In above I did not mean to say that bertagaz is just making noise - on
the contrary I very much appreciated the info and would have wanted
more.

I wanted to insist that I certainly consider it relevant to include
sources when on a news article - even if only 10 lines long.

And with that final remark I tried to hint that maybe you should slow
down _posting_ if you - as you write yourself (not something I accuse
you of) - have trouble keeping up with the pace of _reading_.

Let me repeat: Personally I do *not* find that you write too much or too
noisy.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

P.S.

Feel free to contact me in private if you wish, but not for for the
wrong reasons: You don't do _me_ a favor by criticising me (good or bad)
discretely, as I prefer transparency!