[Freedombox-discuss] Roadmap Brainstorming

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Thu Mar 17 21:22:55 UTC 2011

Friends,

Using http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements/BrainStorm as a
starting point, it's time to make some progress toward a roadmap.  Right
now lots of people are dreaming of their ultimate fantasy FreedomBox
that crusades for privacy, connects them to their your friends and
resists censorship and network disruption.  In my mind, this box also
spits flames and makes toast.

At some point, we have to take a hard look at what we can actually do in
a 1.0 release.  The first step toward that goal is to make a list of
potential features.  I've started a list like that on the wiki.

So tell me, what do you want this box to do?  Leave aside the *how* for
now.  I'm trying to make a list of features that we can consider
invidually at another time.  Once we have a large list of features,
we'll systematically puzzle out which ones are feasible and which ones
are too difficult/esoteric for us right now.

I can't wait to see your ideas!  Add them at the wiki
<http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements/BrainStorm> or add
them to this thread.  I'll move ideas from email to the wiki as
appropriate.

Best regards,
James