[Freedombox-discuss] Roadmap Brainstorming

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Fri Mar 18 13:22:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:03:20 +0100, Mathieu Jourdan <mathieu.jourdan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made some mock-ups for the User Interface, which describes well what I
> wish to be implemented in the FreedomBox.
> I also added some of those points to the wiki.
> You can have a look at : https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserInterface
>
> My girlfriend told me it was ugly. Maybe it is, but it gives an idea of some
> features from a non-technical point of view.
>
> Regards,
> Mathieu

Mathieu, I don't think those are ugly at all.  One of the big question
marks around this device is the UX.  Not only do we not know what it
will look like, we haven't figured out how or who will design it or even
what the major design requirements are.  It's one of our biggest
challenges.

Efforts like yours are a step in the right direction. What else should
we be doing to feel our way toward a design process?