[Freedombox-discuss] blogging in the FB (was Re: Roadmap Brainstorming)

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at pagekite.net
Fri Mar 18 17:34:30 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Les Orchard <l.m.orchard at pobox.com> wrote:
>> FreedomBox is not about avoiding cloud computing, or about tolerating it
>> in public sphere(s).  FreedomBox is about _using_ cloud computing.
>
> +1
>
> This may or may not entirely agree with what you mean, but: I'd like my
> FreedomBox to be my command center for the cloud.

Funny, that's actually exactly how I expect I would use one too.  I
just kind of figured it would be more of an "advanced user" scenario,
for someone who already knows how to take care of their data and is
comfortable integrating may different things together.

I mean, expecting every FB user to sign up for Amazon, sign up for
Facebook, sign up for Twitter, and then know how to use his FB to feed
data into all these different cloud services is a bit advanced.  It
also feels a tiny bit off-topic.

But maybe that's OK.  Build something us geeks like, then iteratively
polish it until it's good enough for Joe Random could be a perfectly
valid strategy.

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson
The Beanstalks Project ehf.