[Freedombox-discuss] legal problem w/ Twitter (et al.)

Thomas Lord lord at emf.net
Sat Mar 19 23:02:34 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 23:54 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> FreedomBox will offer services relevant for current Facebook users,
> but
> its aim is not to assimilate, deface or crush Facebook.  Instead,
> FreedomBox aim is to blossom in its own right and thereby making
> Facebook obsolete.

Certainly.  My point regarding the legal problems is that
unless my understanding of the legal issues is incorrect,
then we should not (as I think some have suggested) spend
too much effort trying to make nice "bridges" to ease
people away from those services.   It would be fantastic
to do so to make the transition easier for users but
those services appear to throw legal obstacles in the way
of exactly such a plan.

-t