[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox user interface

Jonathan Zeppettini jonzep at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:15:48 UTC 2011

Hi James,

I sent off an email to Volker Theile (the OpenMediaVault dev) to make
him aware of the FB project and the potential to build upon some of
the work he has done. His policy publicly has been that OMV will be
"ready when it's ready" and that is when he will release it (along
with the source code), which is fair enough as he may run his project
in any manner he chooses. From our perspective though it would be of
great benefit to have access to his work given his history of creating
FreeNAS and now OMV. Of course the technical decisions of what will or
will not become the basis for FB as well as the packages that will be
included by default have probably not been ironed out yet so at this
point this is all theoretical, however the more code that is
considered the more robust the final product will likely be.

I have invited VoIker to join this list if he is interested and I will
keep you all posted if I get a reply.

--
Jonathan Zeppettini  //  http://jz.bz  //  +1 514 291 7800  ////