[Freedombox-discuss] blogging in the FB (was Re: Roadmap Brainstorming)

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Wed Mar 23 09:50:39 UTC 2011

On 03/23/2011 10:25 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 09:42:13AM +0100, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
>> And what about Osiris? http://osiris.kodeware.net/
>>
>> Osiris is a framework for creating P2P portals/blogs/forums...
>> The data of the portals are not saved on a single computer, each member of
>> the portal has a copy of them on his hard disk. The same parts of the
>> portal are saved on many connected units, in order to avoid compromising
>> the integrity of the portal if one of them disconnects. This ensure that a
>> portal built with Osiris will last forever.
>
> Sounds wonderful.  I failed to locate licensing or source, however.

Its planned to be released under GPL, but seems that still is not done.
Theoretically they are worried about the security issues related of
releasing the source code.

http://osiris.kodeware.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=1

http://osiris.kodeware.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1379

> When you find some code that you want included with FreedomBox, then please
> a) file a [bugreport] to get it included in Debian and b) add the resulting
> bug number to the [wiki].
>
> Starting out with that and then referencing the bug number when discussing
> here helps encourage packaging of needed code, and also helps weed out
> non-[DFSG] code from needlessly cluttering the discussion.
>

> [bugreport]: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1
>
> [wiki]: http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/LeavingTheCloud
>
> [DFSG]: http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
>

>  - Jonas

Thanks for the tip! I will do for sure if they release the source code in time

Regards