[Freedombox-discuss] not a Debian distribution(?|!)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Mar 24 15:32:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:00:39AM -0400, James Vasile wrote:
>Just to be clear (and I think you already know this), this project is
>not a Debian distribution.

Above has multiple possible interpretations.  Examples:

   * not a _derived_ distribution of Debian
   * not _only_ a distribution
   * not Debian at all
   * nothing specific at all yet
   * nothing specific at all ever

I agree with some of those interpretations, but not all.

So I am curious:  What do you mean?

Also your hint at prior knowledge indicates some degree of certainty: Is
the "right" definition somehow "set in stone" somewhere?

Regards,