[Freedombox-discuss] Has anyone looked at phantom? What other hard core security things are people investigating?

James Vasile james at hackervisions.org
Sat Mar 26 12:37:14 UTC 2011

Two notes about phantom:

First, I think the Phantom doc to read is the whitepaper:
http://www.fortego.se/phantom-paper.pdf

Second, I just read Phantom's license.  That was quite a chore, given
how it is drafted.  Phantom is released under the Hacktivismo
Enhanced-Source Software License Agreement (HESSLA), which appears to be
neither GPL compatible nor DFSG.  See
<http://hacktivismo.com/about/hessla.php>.

Phantom's author claims not to be knowledgeable about licensing.  If
FreedomBox wants to use Phantom and wants to see it packaged for Debian,
maybe Phantom's author can be convinced to use a more mainstream DFSG
license.

Best regards,
James