[Freedombox-discuss] Tor .onion domains

Mildred Ki'Lya mildred593 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 21:43:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if we shouldn't use the infrastructure of the Tor
onion sites. The Tor network provides a .onion TLD that is managed in
a decentralized way. Anyone can create a .onion domain that is
accessible everywhere.

The only thing is that I think Tor has some master servers for
bootstrapping, and I don't know if we can do without.

In my opinion, Tor can be used as a basis for everything we want on
FreedomBox. It provides anonymity at the network level. And it doesn't
prevent you from identifying yourself on top of it, using GPG for
example. I'd readily imagine a complete network stack on top of Tor.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
http://mildred.fr