[Freedombox-discuss] Policy questions

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sun May 8 01:00:48 UTC 2011

> I am the one that suggested virtual machines, and i am using them at
> this moment. On my system there are 5 VM's running (4 * WordPress + 1 *
> Nginx). The total amount of memory used is 175 MB. Not bad i think.
>
> In my opinion building a FreedomBox without using VM technology is very
> dangerous. Not all the software running on the FreedomBox will be mature
> and i expect a lot of serurity/stability issues.

If I have a virtual machine on my box, I have access to every byte in
its disk image *and* every byte in its memory image.  I can freeze it
at will and examine its frozen state.  How does this improve security?
 If you have explained your stance in some technical detail anywhere,
please provide me a reference to it.

Tony