[Freedombox-discuss] Initial User Experience

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 14:45:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 13:47 +0000,
freedombox-discuss-request at lists.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Probably the way to deal with that is to concentrate on
> building the box in English first, but try to avoid doing things
> that would make multi-lingual support later hard, and making
> some notes along the way about what needs translation
> eventually. At some point, we'll probably need to put out
> a call for translators, but not yet.

I would also add not only to make early ones in one language first
(without messing up later multi-lingual support), we would probably do
well to make early versions only geek-friendly (without messing up later
non-geek-friendliness).

Making it work with no or few questions out of the box may be
overwhelmingly difficult the first time, requiring multiple skill sets
few individuals have. Making something that works, however non-geek
unfriendly, may require skill sets many individuals have. Then their
results can be picked up by others with different skill sets to make
them non-geek friendly.