[Freedombox-discuss] Should we change the mailing list format?

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Mon May 9 17:36:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 10:26:05AM -0600, Patrick Anderson wrote:
> Chris Troutner wrote:
> > Would it be a good idea to move this mailing list to a different format? I’m
> > thinking of something that would combine a mailing list with a feature like
> > Digg where people could have some way of voting on or ‘like’ing a
> > submissions so that the most meaningful (as determined by everyone)
> > rise to the top.
>
> http://OSQA.net looks nice, but who would pay for the hosting Costs and
> therefore have administrative power over the rest?

The difficulty to find stuffs on the mailing list and follow it is maybe
rather an issue concerning the wiki rather than the mailing list by
itself. Fact is that a lot of things happen here that should be noted
somewhere on the wiki, and it does not really happen, so there's not real
place for people to find a synthesis of the discussions.

So please people, take the time to edit the wiki whenever you
participated to a discussion that goes somewhere, that should help.

bert.