[Freedombox-discuss] Harddrive + Excito B3

Jonathan Zeppettini jz at jz.bz
Mon May 9 17:53:11 UTC 2011

Fantastic idea, and it seems it could easily be accomplished with
tools that are very common...

LUKS for encryption of backup drive and rsync to do the backup:

rsync -avc --progress --delete /home/fb/files /media/fb-bak/

Or just use dd to image the FB data partition to any external drive
after encrypting...

dd if=/media/fb-data of=fb-data.img
openssl aes-256-cbc -in fb-data.img -out /media/fb-bak/fb-data.bak.enc

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 13:37, The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> wrote:

Jonathan Zeppettini  //  http://jz.bz  //  +1 514 291 7800  ////