[Freedombox-discuss] Bjarni's VirtualBox images

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at pagekite.net
Tue Nov 8 14:38:20 UTC 2011

Weird.

It downloaded fine for me, using Firefox on Linux.  I'm not next door
either, I was downloading from Iceland and the server is in the U.S.

I do see in the logs that a bunch of downloads seem to have failed at
around 5MB, and it looks like some people have had better luck using
wget which will retry and continue where it left off if a download
stops prematurely.

I'll look into this some more later, try and figure out what is going
on... the site is actually served through PageKite (eating my own
dogfood) so maybe we've found a bug of some sort. :-)

 - Bjarni

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Markus V <freedombox at obs2.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  try downloading it from the server, I tried from several machines and the
> download is always interrupted after a few megabytes.

Bjarni R. Einarsson
Founder, lead developer of PageKite.

Make localhost servers visible to the world: http://pagekite.net/