[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox at Software Freedom Day

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Sun Sep 4 12:19:26 UTC 2011

On Sep 3, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Stefano wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> September 17 is international Software Freedom Day, with events all
> around the world to celebret free software, GNU, Linux and all the
> good
> things the community has created in all these years.
>
> We know that many people involved in FreedomBox discussions will
> participate to local events and we want to help them get the
> visibility
> they deserve. If you are going to speak at your local Software Freedom
> Day celebration reply to this message with some details and a URL. We
> will dent/tweet it from @Freedomboxfndn accounts. If somebody wants to
> create a wiki page to collect all the links, that would be good too.
>
> cheers,
> stef

hi sfef, all

there is a  software freedom day event  here in cologne http://sfd.koelnerlinuxtreffen.de/
during the "internetweek" whitch is more a commercial event  http://iwcgn.koeln.de

i´ve created a wikipage http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/Germany/Cologne
and see if i can find some people to promote the freedombox in cologne..

I looked at the http://freedomboxfoundation.org website and i was not
able to find any links related
to the actual state of the project nor the recommened software
hardware pages , whitch i can remember some month before.

I would strongly recomment set up a  website which is appropriate to
the 21th century

Btw. are there any english presentation slides about freedombox ,
whitch  could be used  as inspiration ?

Thanks

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231