[Freedombox-discuss] fully-decentralised forums

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:11:29 UTC 2011

On 14 September 2011 14:11, ya knygar <knygar at gmail.com> wrote:
> we/you would need to breath the life to the FederatedSocialWeb.net
> before we/you would see it, probably ;)

It's alive as far as I know. :)

Lots of very smart people in that group.  I think they are having a
meetup in san francisco.

http://doodle.com/fe29nz5mgsk7yuww

There's two rough approaches, both have merits IMHO

1. The FSW is slightly more top down, going from the activity streams schema

2. The other is slightly more bottom up, defining arbitrarly keys and
values, more of a "NoSQL" style.

For example, you can see from my homepage (a relatively normal
homepage with some "rel" links)

http://melvincarvalho.com/

A. Click on the "RDF" view at the top
B. Then Click on bblfish
C. Then Click on Jonas Smedegaard etc.
D. Or click on one of the properties in a page ... eg interests have a
whole date layer -- there's 100s of ecosystems iinked together

You can get lost in there for ages, but it's already a federated
social web existing today across many servers.  (It's going to be
awesome when FBX can become part of it)

Hopefully both approaches will converge over time!