[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox in the Chronicle of Higher Education

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Sep 23 20:03:14 UTC 2011

On Sep 23, 2011, at 6:31 PM, Rick wrote:

> It looks very much like a dreamplug, I have two.
>
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-dreamplugdetails.aspx

This device costs about 249 $, the cheapest plug device i found was
the sheeva plug  99 $ and a mesh potato for 119$
http://store.villagetelco.com/mesh-potatoes/mesh-potato.html

Its beeing far from eben moglens vision to have such a device for 25 $.

Woulnt it make more sense to have a mobile with android, because you
have a display and a keyboard ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QgdKd1eWuM

Most of the modern mobile phones have the same or more power then the
Marvel 1.2 Ghz Chip.

Does anyone have contacts to chinese /asian manufacturers ?

greetings

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231
site: http://let.de
project : http://stattfernsehen.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast/
Buy me: http://on.let.de/BUYme

Please think about your responsibility towards our environment: Each
printed e-mail causes about 0.3 grams of CO2 per page.