[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox in the Chronicle of Higher Education

Weaver weaver at riseup.net
Sat Sep 24 02:53:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 19:50:58 -0500
Nick Daly <Nick.M.Daly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc Manthey <marc at let.de> writes:

> >> This device costs about 249 $
> >
> > https://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/c-8-d2plug.aspx
>
> The D2 isn't the DreamPlug, and the D2 incredibly over-specced for a
> FreedomBox (though could easily handle a display server and keyboard).
>
> Still cheaper than a cellphone though.

Not specifically replying to this post, but with regard to mobile tech
mentions that have me worried.
With a conventional mobile phone, in the past, if you took the battery
out while moving from point to point, you couldn't be traced.
However, the goalposts appear to be moving somewhat:

http://tinyurl.com/3bbphyn

Take no notice of the potential for 'constitutional abuse'. That will
continue to be abused as usual.
Regards,

Weaver.