[Freedombox-discuss] promotionnal website ?

FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net
Wed Sep 28 20:30:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Patty A. Hardy - pathardy at mac.com wrote:

><snip>
>
> So far I've taken baby steps -- purchasing three plug computers,

Excellent start.

> figuring out how to re-flash them,
> installing Debian,
> familiarizing myself with Tor, etc.

Could you write one or more pages in http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox
that record your experiences so the rest of us need not repeat them?

> I hope to do more, and eventually contribute something substantive.

Right now, anyone who experiments and shares those experiments with us
is contributing highly substantial knowledge.

> If anything --
> and this message is the first and last list posting I'm going to make,
> until I've got something to talk about

May I respectfully repeat: your experience in flashing, installing,
and testing three plug computers (different brands or models?) is
"something to talk about".

> -- I'd say this project *does* need someone who can winnow and
> prioritize v1.0 features and identify what is missing and how to get it,
> so there is a chance of releasing this thing before ACTA or some other
> unholy cabal of legislators and lobbyists makes it de-facto illegal.

There are some folks taking a stab at using a particular set of
possible proposed solutions, but it would be helpful (to me, at least)
if they would publish their test configuration and how they are
testing it.  While we may need validation of the tests, we don't need
everyone repeating something that merely needs good documentation,
such as a step by step instruction of how to successfully flash a
particular plug.  Who knows, maybe the manufacturer would like to have
a copy of the instructions for their own support pages?