[Freedombox-discuss] The video

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:46:25 UTC 2012

I would think a priority would be distributed / decentralized video
hosting/broadcasting.  There have been a few attempts at that, but
they've all fallen down one way or another.  It's the presence of just
a few hosts for video that's been facilitating the establishment of
"norms" for video online (ad by extension, other types of works).  In
general, the whole cloud thing works against freedom (though Wuala.com
offers a service where you encrypt locally before sending to their
cloud).

Seth Johnson