[Freedombox-discuss] ikiwiki, foundation website

me at seandiggity.com me at seandiggity.com
Tue Apr 10 17:07:36 UTC 2012

Not quite sure who I should be directing this to so I'll just ask
everyone :P

Regarding the new foundation website theme -

Can we set up a separate branch of ikiwiki for theme changes, before
pushing to the main foundation website/wiki?

I'm not sure if this is even necessary, because by default I would be
pushing changes from my cloned repo to the bare repo:
http://ikiwiki.info/rcs/git/

However, I'm paranoid I'll screw up the srcdir, e.g. my changes will be
picked up by the post-update hook script.  I assume that has to be run
manually by the admin, but still.

So if whomever is familiar with ikiwiki could give me some quick
pointers, I'd appreciate it.  I can set up ikiwiki locally for testing,
and may do that anyway.  But as I started to set it up on another web
server, I began to realize how silly it was to make a cloned version of
the site somewhere else on the web, and then ask Robert (or anyone else
interested in working on it) to clone that version.

~ Sean