[Freedombox-discuss] Guruplugs in Bay Area?

Markus Sabadello markus.sabadello at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:36:37 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I will go to the Internet Identity
Workshop<http://internetidentityworkshop.com/>(IIW) next week. I'll
take 4 Guruplugs with me and am planning to do a
little demo of how Vendor Relationship Management
<http://projectvrm.org/>could be done in a decentralized network. The
idea is to empower customers
in their relationships with vendors. I started working on an overview of
the demo scenario on a wiki
page<http://projectdanube.pbworks.com/w/page/52197091/FreedomBox%20VRM%20Demo>.
For time reasons, I am quickly hacking together my own code, sorry about
that, afterwards I'd love to work closer with the FB community to do things
properly.

I was wondering if there are people from the Bay Area on this list, who
would be willing to contribute their Guruplug to this demo effort for a few
days. If you are interested, please contact me.

BTW, last week I was at the European Identity Conference in Munich on a
panel about "Life Management
Platforms"<http://www.id-conf.com/sessions/1026>. I
talked about the FreedomBox a little bit and showed a Guruplug around. The
audience there was pretty much the opposite of Unlike Us, if you know what
I mean, but still there was quite a bit of interest about decentralized
network architectures. Some of the opening keynote speakers even talked
about such ideas.

Markus
--
Project Danube: http://projectdanube.org