[Freedombox-discuss] [freedom-maker] Script which will create a VirtualBox image of a FreedomBox. (#4)

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:05:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:44:09 +0100, Tom Galloway <me at tomgalloway.co.uk> wrote:
> Hmmm, I'm able to make the VM image work on my dev Ubuntu 12.04
> machine, but in a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 install it's throwing errors.
> I'll keep looking to work out why this is happening.
>
> In my script, there are some commented out commands at the bottom
> which will allow you to mount the img file and check what state the
> image has got to - could you also reply with the console output of the
> make command?

Tom, the weekly images will be released some time tonight.  Turns out I
was missing vmdebootstrap dependencies, but the script didn't warn me
and just built a (broken) VM image anyway.  Silly, that.

I've updated the makefile to install the dependencies and will push
that, now that it can build the image successfully from a clean system
by running "make virtualbox-image".

Nick