[Freedombox-discuss] remote servers

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Mon Aug 20 20:36:32 UTC 2012

From: John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com>
Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] remote servers
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:23:54 -0700

>> im looking for a way to install several dreamplugs in
>> several locations and be able to connect to all of them without
>> worring about firewalls
>>
>> i guess a centraliced server to connect to will be needed
>
> Look up "Distributed Hash Table":
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table
>
> It's a lovely networked data structure designed in the last 15 years.

RetroShare, a completely decentralised social networking
solution uses this for the nodes to find each other.  I am
using it almost a year now and it performs surprisingly well
even with mobile devices.

maxigas, kiberpunk

--

Multi-threaded human process

FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614  0901 7879 63BC 287E D166