[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.0819 Available

Nick Hardiman nick at planetlarg.net
Wed Aug 22 17:08:33 UTC 2012

I would guess my documents are now out of date, but I am not sure (I have had my head stuck in web servers for July and August).

IIRC, Freedombox image came with a 3.0 kernel. I didn't patch or compile anything. I did make versions with a 3.2 kernel and associated bits from http://www.xilka.com/sheeva/3/3.2/

I watched some video where Bdale Garbee said the binary that drives the uAP chip was proving awkward to untangle, so either the drivers and firmware still can't be anything other than a client, or miraculous progress was made and we'll soon be in the land of automated detection and install.

Nick Hardiman
nick at internetmachines.co.uk
@intmachines