[Freedombox-discuss] Doctorow: The Coming Civil War over General-purpose Computing

Tom Marble tmarble at info9.net
Thu Aug 23 12:49:26 UTC 2012

All:

This talk at Google builds on his 28c3 speech by going beyond
having control of hardware to highlighting the tensions between
owners and users of computers:

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/238435874348597249

Clearly we need to have control over our computing devices
and leverage the 4th amendment protections (and their equivalents
worldwide). As users of computers we own (as well as FreedomBoxes
in our Web of Trust) we can defer this problem a little bit,
yet it provides excellent food for thought.

Regards,

--Tom

p.s. Only 233 views last night, 1000 this morning