[Freedombox-discuss] SheevaPlug and GuruPlug Testing?

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:38:41 UTC 2012

A few months ago, we had success with booting the pre-0.1 FreedomBox
images with Guru Plugs.  The image could be successfully booted from a
USB drive when compiled by:

    make MACHINE=guruplug DESTINATION=usb plugserver-image

I was wondering whether anyone had tested the 0.1 (or post-0.1) image
with the GuruPlug or the SheevaPlug?  It would be great to get this
information on the wiki:

"""
To build a SheevaPlug image:

    make ... plugserver-image

To build a GuruPlug image:

    make ... plugserver-image
"""

You should be able to use Bdale's repository, containing the 0.1
release, to test with:

: git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/freedombox/freedom-maker.git
: git update public-0.1
: make (some options) plugserver-image

Playing with the MACHINE and DESTINATION options should be sufficient,
but I'd love to hear some actual reports from device owners.

Thanks for your time,
Nick