[Freedombox-discuss] T-shirts

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Fri Dec 7 14:04:58 UTC 2012

On 07/12/12 14:08, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> BTW, is either one of the two the "official" or "preferred" one? I
> think at one point you referred to them as the box-hopping-gnu and the
> butterfly-gnu :) Then there's also the one
> at http://freedomboxfoundation.org/

There is one official logo: the butterfly.
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/VisualIdentity?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=FreedomBox-Logo.7z
Please do use that one all the time.
Having just one logo isn't just copying big corporations bad karma - it
is critical to the success of any project that relies on public recognition.

> Also, any update on the licensing question that came up a while ago,
> or is that still kind of unclear?

I like the idea of dual licencing: GPL3+ to be able to release it with
code and CC-BY-SA to let everybody print & use it.
I'll clarify that in a seperate mail to the list to give the project
lead opportunity to react.

> For example, would anything be wrong with using a modified version of
> one of the logos for a local FreedomBox community, e.g. see
> here? https://metalab.at/wiki/FreedomBox
>
> Markus

Not at all, there is a guideline that you could have a look at first:
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/VisualIdentity?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=FreedomBox-Identity-Manual.pdf
Mentioning this makes me really sad since we even have a logo for the
foundation and an finished website design that just won't go online. :(

Robert