[Freedombox-discuss] T-shirts

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:12:18 UTC 2012

I downloaded the FreedomBox Identity Manual.

Open Office doesn't do very well with it.  Is there a version that one can
view with software that runs on Linux?

HTML would be a better all around format.  I don't understand why people
format documentation as pdf and link it from a website.  It's so much more
useful when it is browsable.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Robert Martinez <mail at mray.de> wrote:

> On 07/12/12 14:08, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> > BTW, is either one of the two the "official" or "preferred" one? I
> > think at one point you referred to them as the box-hopping-gnu and the
> > butterfly-gnu :) Then there's also the one
> > at http://freedomboxfoundation.org/
>
> There is one official logo: the butterfly.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/VisualIdentity?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=FreedomBox-Logo.7z
> Please do use that one all the time.
> Having just one logo isn't just copying big corporations bad karma - it
> is critical to the success of any project that relies on public
> recognition.
>
> > Also, any update on the licensing question that came up a while ago,
> > or is that still kind of unclear?
>
> I like the idea of dual licencing: GPL3+ to be able to release it with
> code and CC-BY-SA to let everybody print & use it.
> I'll clarify that in a seperate mail to the list to give the project
> lead opportunity to react.
>

> > For example, would anything be wrong with using a modified version of
> > one of the logos for a local FreedomBox community, e.g. see
> > here? https://metalab.at/wiki/FreedomBox
> >
> > Markus
>
> Not at all, there is a guideline that you could have a look at first:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/VisualIdentity?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=FreedomBox-Identity-Manual.pdf
> Mentioning this makes me really sad since we even have a logo for the
> foundation and an finished website design that just won't go online. :(
>

> Robert

    "It's hard to believe that something which is neither seen nor felt can
do so much harm."
    "That's true.  But an idea can't be seen or felt.  And that's what kept
the Troglytes in the
mines all these centuries.  A mistaken idea."
-- Vanna and Kirk, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5819.0