[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox For Cloud Services

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:16:44 UTC 2012

Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> offer a secure cloud hosting service for a small charge.

I agree this is a great idea under certain conditions...

But I wonder, how can we make sure the owners of these shared
nodes do not abuse users as the current cloud providers do?

In other words, what *must* differ compared to corporate clouds?

Notice corporations are also 'sharing', and must also cover costs.

But corporations must charge *more* than costs to collect Profit
because that is what their investors expect as a Return for risk.

But if the investors were the consumers, and if they would accept
Product as their Return, then Price and Cost are identical since
there is no sale, and so Profit is undefined.

Learning to Share Sources (co-own the Means of Production) is a
half of a plan we can use to begin ignoring the Capitalists.

Learning to Swap Skills (barter our specialized labor for the benefit
of others while those others perform labor for our benefit) is the
other half.

When we finally can co-own the infrastructure of all our Production,
including ISP and cloud services, but more importantly, agriculture
and housing and even city infrastructure will be under our control.

And since the Product will not be sold (except during surplus), we
will not need to pass tokens to receive those goods and services
because the user will already own what he would have otherwise
been forced to purchase because of his co-owning the inputs.

When we finally can trade work by committing to achieve future
production in return for others committing to do the same for us,
then we can specialize without passing tokens.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com