[Freedombox-discuss] Hackfest update!

James Vasile vasile at freedomboxfoundation.org
Fri Feb 10 15:29:12 UTC 2012

# Hackfest update!

## Date and Time

We'll be hosting the NYC Hackfest Saturday, Sunday and Monday on
President's Day weekend from 10am to 5pm each day.  We will meet at
Columbia University's Jerome Green Hall.  RSVP for room assignments and
my cell number (you'll need to call me to get into the building).  I
hope to see you there!

## DreamPlugs Available

We have DreamPlugs available for cost (we paid $139 apiece for them) and
we'll also be giving one shiny new unit to a hackfest participant!

## KeySigning

Because GPG looks like it will be central to FreedomBox identity
management and authentication, we need to strengthen the web of trust.
So bring your key, some ID and the ability to demonstrate control over
the email addresses listed in your key (e.g. bring your laptop).  We'll
sign everybody up and build out the web of trust.

## FreedomTower

I've invited some people working on the FreedomTower (sort of a
FreedomBox + internet in a suitcase effort) to join us.  They should
offer an interesting perspective on some of our issues, especially mesh
and magic routing.

## Thanks

Thanks to the FreedomBox list, ISOC-NY, Columbia University and
SFLC for their support of this hackfest.