[Freedombox-discuss] Some advice on moving Plinth forward?

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:42:33 UTC 2012

On 11 February 2012 15:34, James Vasile <vasile at freedomboxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:47:46 +1100, Daniel Bryan <danbryan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Not sure whether I've actually posted to the list before but I've been
>> closely following FreedomBox since late 2010.
>>
>> I got a chance to talk to Bdale a little at Linux Conf. Au 2012 and I
>> decided to have a go at hacking on Plinth.
>>
>> I'm keen to get started, and I've been discussing it with Alistair
>> Davidson, who's a UX guy.
>>
>> Basically we want to rapidly prototype a simple end-user service
>> configuration system. Does anyone have an idea of what it'd be really good
>> to get up and running? Web server? Routing? GPG / other ident. stuff?
>
> My 0.1 list is basic router config.  We're also going to need some kind
> of user/group ACL interface.  And we need a way to add friends
> (identified by GPG keys) and metadata about them (e.g. petnames).
>
> That's a big enough bite that I hesitate to add more.

Is there a universal way of identifying a GPG key other than PEM/DER?
Do you sometimes use fingerprint?

I wonder if you've considered using the digest URI scheme di:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-digesturi-02

I'm doing a lot of work on the Web lately with ACLs and URIs.  Of
course there's already http:// and mailto: and acct: (webfinger) to
describe URLs and email like ids.

I'd be interested to hear how it may be possible integrate GPG stuff.