[Freedombox-discuss] Hacker satellites?

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Wed Jan 4 11:43:15 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 08:15 Wed 04 Jan     , maxigas wrote:
> From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Hacker satellites?
> Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:05:18 +0800
>
> > From slashdot:
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16367042
> >
> > Another way to bypass censorship?
>
> Isn't it pretty easy for a country to shoot down a satellite?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_debris#Debris_from_and_as_a_weapon

<sarcasm>
Sounds interesting. For years people have looked for a way to destroy this
harmful thing called television - a tool allowing the rich and powerful to
control the mind and consumerism of entire civilisations. However this tool
has been so powerful that nothing has even made a scratch on it, yet. But
maybe we have hope: It might be destroyed as collateral damage as part of
operation "hacker satellite". The goal of this operation is to trap the rich
and powerful in a catch-22. Either they ignore the satellite (then their
censorship fails) or they shoot it down (then their propoganda fails).
</sarcasm>

Seriously, don't you think it is easier less straining on international
relations to jam a satellite then destroy it? See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com