[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox in Iran or Syria

Weaver weaver at riseup.net
Sat Jan 7 02:19:34 UTC 2012

> Hey all,
>

> I was just reading this article on Slashdot of how Iran is stepping up
> censorship:
>

> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/01/06/1322206/iran-developing-halal-dom
> estic-intranet
>

> And it got me to wondering - does anyone know if there are any
> FreedomBoxs deployed in countries like Iran and Syria, yet?
>

> The answer may be no as there may be problems with people in those
> countries obtaining the necessary hardware. I was just curious if anyone
> on this list was an early adopter in these countries or knew someone who
> was. I think we'd all love to hear about their experience.

Every censorship scenario is different.
There's a tendency to bundle China, Iran, et al into the same basket, but
they're all quite different.

>From what I've been able to pick up, Iran is more interested, in their
censorship programme, with keeping the U.S. influence out rather than
locking their people in. This is where China and Iran have something in
common, but after that things diverge a little.

Drone bases are now in place skirting Iran. I have been able to confirm
Iraq, Turkey and Afghanistan, but there will be others.
URI shorteners are unpopular on lists, so this next one might be broken
and you may need to pipe it out in full. Persist, because the info is
real.I've spoken to service people who have beeen on these bases, as I
have spoken to British pilots who enforced the illegal No-Fly Zone in
Northern Iraq, who were told to turn for home half-way through patrol in
order to permit Turkish fighter/bombers unhindered and unwitnessed
progress on their way to bombing and strafing Kurdish settlements in the
mountains. The same ones who had guided U.S. forces into Iraq and offered
actual combat support in that arena.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=iran+haliburton+financed+military+bases&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=912&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=FpkGhmL3K01YpM:&imgrefurl=http://whiskeyandcarkeys.org/&docid=yvdBXIk3HH0f4M&imgurl=http://whiskeyandcarkeys.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/us-military-bases-middle-east.jpg&w=537&h=493&ei=-5sHT8eeLOetiQfa4tm7CQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=862&vpy=141&dur=1777&hovh=215&hovw=234&tx=121&ty=105&sig=101748178704036628819&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=150&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

Please note that these bases are financed by Halliburton.

Motive?

Over 4 Million barrels/day oil production.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ir.html

The internal strife that we keep hearing about, is mostly from members of
the U.S. financed Green Movement. Descendents of the Iranians who had to
leave when Shell and BHP -Iran is where BHP basically began - when the
revolution that deposed Shah Pahlavi and sent them packing, despite the
oil companies rigging up machine guns in their helicopters so they could
be employed to mow down the Iranian citizens in the streets as they
protested.

Further civilian discontent is inflamed by a never ceasing imposition of
sanctions, initiated by the U.S. and put in place by a U.N. that was
compromised years ago.

Moves like this would have nothing to do with it either:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/world/middleeast/15prince.html?pagewanted=all

If you take a look at a map, you will find that this is just across the
ditch from Iran also, but we can quite cheerfully dismiss this as
coincidence.

Prince is the consummate professional who founded and built Blackwater
Security who handled the vast amount of contract work in Iraq. An
organisation who was under a number of smoothed over investigations
concerning multiple innocent Iraqi civilian deaths. It would also be a
coincidence that Halliburton somehow gained the lion's share and then
some, of all contract work in Iraq.

Likewise the anchoring of the American Fifth Fleet in Bahrain, in order to
maintain pressure, is completely coincidental.
Likewise Western mainstream media who apparently knew nothing about the
situation in Bahrain. A scenario that far exceeded the now well publicised
Syrian situation.

This, however is one that can be righted in the near future, hopefully, as
the plan was, and may well now have been effected, for the Fifth Fleet to
be moved to the U.A.E. in the Gulf of Oman, so that they are,
coincidentally, much closer to Prince's mercenaries.

Here's a gentleman that once worked in Iraq for Prince. Perhaps you've
heard of him?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8295780/Raymond-Davis-incident-What-sort-of-diplomat-carries-a-loaded-gun.html

Davis was not there as a diplomat, as I assured the U.S. Assistant
Secretary of State of the time. His visa was for that of a Mango agent.
He carried round the names & numbers of Taliban and other contacts on his
mobile phone, as an associate that works in closely with the Pakistan
Police assured me. He dealt in recruiting and drone targeting along with
the occasional bombing. It is my own believe, so far unsubstantiated, that
the Al Qaeda Fighters, currently in Yemen, would be recruits of Davis and
his ilk. Al Qaeda don't have fighters. they are strictly political,
placing themselves at the head of what militant groups there are,
providing steerage and support only.

There are other aspects, but this post is long enough as it is and I don't
want to be accused of using the list for unintended purposes. I thought a
little deeper insight than what is proffered on Fox News might be of
benefit in deciding direction.

In point of fact, the average U.S. citizen has reason to be concerned with
censorship right at home:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/01/us-government-calls-censor-twitter-threaten-free-speech

If you look round the site you'll find this is only one concern amongst many.

HTH.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,