[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox/Unhosted/PageKite for Access Innovation Prize 2012

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Sun Jul 1 21:17:33 UTC 2012

IMO, applications support linked data, storage servers do not. Asking
if a storage server supports linked data is a bit like asking whether
a certain hard drive supports pdf. :)

Having said that, there are always connotations, and that is probably
what you are both referring to - so for instance, if you ask if the
remoteStorage protocol supports ACLs based on client-side
certificates, or SPARQL queries, the answer is no.

We are however in the process of writing the data module for the
client-side library (remoteStorage.js), and they will all use linked
data at their core (specifically, json-ld).

hth,
Michiel