[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox as a home router to replace Cisco/Linksys

Dan Ballance tzewang.dorje at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 21:56:25 UTC 2012

I like this idea but have close to no idea how technically feasible it is.

Other threads on this list have suggested there may be NAT issues behind
standard home routers that will be difficult for FreedomBoxes to
automatically navigate without technical intervention from someone with
more than Joe Public networking skills.

Could using the FreedomBox itself as the router/firewall solve this issue
as well as increase privacy?