[Freedombox-discuss] website

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Tue Jul 3 11:56:50 UTC 2012

On 01/07/12 15:25, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I know ikiwiki quite well, but have no access to the foundation server.
>
> If I should help maintain the website, I would need the html to be
> derived from the default Ikiwiki template:
>
> http://source.ikiwiki.branchable.com/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=templates/page.tmpl;hb=HEAD
>
> (select "raw" to download the actual template without VCS noise)
>
> I would then restructure the CSS to use Compass, to be more
> maintainable.
>
> For the latter, it would help if I could follow the evolution of your
> design - i.e. how the pieces are stitched together rather than just the
> result.  As an example, you use HTML5 reset, but maybe you've customized
> it a bit after copying it over - and similar for the other parts.  It
> *seems* you have kept style.css untouched and only edited local.css.
>
> Do you have a VCS of the evolution of your design?
>
> Would you mind adapt the design to that page.tmpl file?
>

> Regards,
>
>   - Jonas

There is no version control of the css development in any way.
Sean started with the html framework + css, I just finished the css to
match the mockup http://mray.de/fbxfoundation_robert/robert_mockup01.jpg
I didn't mess around with any kind of markup and just added/changed the css

The template file you linked to is too abstract as a starting point for
css - what about a rendered final html markup.
Is that the template that is currently active?
Is this the official "clean" starting theme?

-Robert