[Freedombox-discuss] FBx Configuration Management

Brian Drake Brian at drakewolf.net
Tue Jul 3 19:51:00 UTC 2012

My experience with the dreamplug/ et all devices and having multiple power
users is not great.  I really don't believe they are powerful enough to
hold multiple virtual hosts (would love to be proved wrong)

It was fine for lightweight use but as soon as any kind of heavy IO
activity kicked in there was none of the good shared resource capability of
a full powered desktop/server.  One person doing a lot of IO and the thing
would pretty much halt and wait for it be over before moving along.  One
person, when you are the one telling it to do X, will be patient with
the occasional slow down.  When you don't know that X is happening it gets
really frustrating, really quickly.

Brian Drake
Austin Texas
512.850-6326