[Freedombox-discuss] PHP Alternatives?

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Sun Jul 15 17:09:12 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-15T15:53:32 CEST, Leandro Noferini wrote:
> I am not an expert but I tried prosody and I found it needs a SRV record
> in order to receive connections because the protocol XMPP. As SRV
> requires a fixed ip address is this a problem for freedombox?

SRV records are not strictly required, but they add some flexibility.
XMPP works fine with normal A or AAAA records, and even with DynDNS-like
services.

With the upcoming version of Prosody it will also be much easier to
write plugins that provide alternative discovery mechanisms.  Tor .onion
addresses for example, which Thijs Alkemade worked on.

Regards,
Kim "Zash" Alvefur