[Freedombox-discuss] PHP Alternatives?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Jul 16 20:52:36 UTC 2012

On 12-07-16 at 02:06pm, Ben Mendis wrote:

> Sure, PHP isn't my favorite language... but blaming bad code on PHP,
> and assuming that changing the language is a panacea for security, is
> pretty silly.

Is it me you call silly?

I believe I did not argue that security is only an issue with PHP, or
argue that the PHP _language_ is all that matters.

> I've seen bad code in nearly every language I've ever encountered.
> Even in the Haskell world you can find examples of bad, insecure code.
> PHP isn't inheirently impossible to secure, most of the
> vulnerabilities people find in the PHP webapps are things that could
> affect webapps written in _any_ language, not something inheirent to
> the PHP platform.

Yes, it is _possible_ to find bad, insecure code in any language.

Yes, it is _possible_ to secure PHP.

But what is your point?  That it is equally likely to find bad, insecure
code anywhere, in any language and using any coding style?