[Freedombox-discuss] FBx config mgmt update

bnewbold at robocracy.org bnewbold at robocracy.org
Mon Jul 23 13:18:34 UTC 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012, Nick M. Daly wrote:

> Bryan, is this ready for me to add to the weekly images?  This might
> solve FreedomBuddy's OpenVPN service control issues.

It's waiting for review/consensus/merge, but at this point there have been
no complaints so it's probably good to go? Does Plinth or the freedombox
foundation have licensing policy or guidelines? Should I delegate
copyright to the foundation? Sort of a mountain over a molehill for this
patch.

I should probably give the code a one-over and include a HOWTO; I'll do
this tomorrow (tuesday).

Does anybody have thoughts on logical error handling behavior? Some of
the existing Plinth code (eg, hostname changer) would try to revert
changes when they failed; i'm not sure if that behavior should be
implemented at the exmachina (library/wrapper) level or left to
application logic.

-bryan