[Freedombox-discuss] 2012.0609 FreedomBox Image Available

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 17:29:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 15:47:04 +0200, Angelo Danio wrote:
> On 2012/6/9 Nick M. Daly wrote:
> > I haven't figured out how to build a bootable VirtualBox image yet,
> > so this first one is just the box's root directory.
>
> I downloaded the zipped file, sorting out on <
> freedombox-unstable_2012.0609.img > but I was unable to load it on
> VirtualBox: May you upload a *.iso file?

Right.  It's not a VirtualBox image.  You can turn it into a VirtualBox
drive by running:

    $ vboxmanage convertfromraw freedombox-unstable_2012.0609.img \
        freedombox-unstable_2012.0609.vdi

That drive won't boot in VirtualBox.  That's the part I'm trying to
figure out.

> I'm waiting my raspberry ETA by the end of the month, planning to
> become a net radio ... but simply swapping SD card may change her skin

Let us know if you get it running on the Pi.  It'd be nice to have more
hardware that can work as a FreedomBox.

Nick