[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Testing 2012.0617 Image Published

Rick C. Hodgin foxmuldrster at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 05:05:05 UTC 2012

I'm thinking that messages would be sent from A to B using keys that
only A and B know about.  So even if they went through the air, they
would not be decipherable (easily) by someone without the keys.  Each
FBX simply becomes a "willing participant in the conduit" to move data
around without regards to its contents, unless it's addressed to it, or
as is required to route it.

My idea of having a wireless grid is not for heavy bandwidth, but merely
for the ability to communicate with others.  I envision some need to
coordinate people together, to get the message out.  It doesn't need to
be real-time updated, but just "meet us tomorrow at 6am at the corner"
sort of things.  I also envision a texting-like ability, where you send
a message to X, and they respond when they get it, which may be a few
minutes later.

I have the entire method of working out how this WiFi communication
could be workably developed, including allowing FBXs to come up and fall
off the "grid" as a living entity.

I would like to produce the GUI demo to show how it works, what messages
are transmitted, etc.  Will do so when I can find the time.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin