[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Mesh Network Simulator

Matthias-Christian Ott ott at mirix.org
Wed Jun 20 12:50:16 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-20 14:23, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> The protocol will establish what information is necessary to maintain a
> living, dynamic mesh, how to route packets, etc.  I will also work on
> protocols for fixed placement FBXs (in a home, street lamp), as well as
> roaming FBXs (carrying one on a backpack, bicycle, car).

I don't fully understand what you are trying to do here and haven't
looked at the software you created, but if you want to simulate wireless
mesh networks, I found that ns-3 [1] works (I had to use it during a
course on networks which included simulation wireless mesh networks and
simple evaluations of routing algorithms), so I guess you don't have to
write your own software.

Regards,
Matthias-Christian

[1] http://www.nsnam.org/